New East actively promotes and participates in Clean Air Mechanism (CDM) and Joint Implementation (JI). Since 2002, Ken Beck Lee has been a servicing as a member of the CDM Assessment Team (CDM-AT) for the UNFCCC. In May 2006, Ken was elected as a Member of the JI Accreditation Panel by the JI Supervisory Committee.
Joint Implementation (JI) permits industrialized countries to cooperatively implement projects which will reduce GHG emissions. The investor from one country receives emission credits equal to the amount of emissions that were reduced or avoided as a result of the project. The recipient country would receive new technology and know-how. To date, many pilot JI projects have been successfully undertaken.
For more information about UNFCCC: Click Here
New East can:
New East's Experience:
- CDM/JI project feasibility studies;
- Prepare project design documents;
- Establish baseline and monitoring methodologies;
- Prepare monitoring reports;
- Find investors/purchasers for CDM/JI emisssioin reduction credits;
- Negotiate with participants in the CDM/JI projects.
- CDM Market Opportunity Assessment of Korea for the Canadian CDM and JI Office of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade;
- Feasibility Study of Potential CDM Projects and Emissions Trading for Pohang Steel (POSCO, one of the world's largest steel makers) of South Korea,;
- Organized and presented a variety of CDM workshops in Canada, Korea and China.
CLICK HERE for more information on the Kyoto Protocol